Expert Alumni members web site pages are for the use of registered Members only. Once registered you have membership of Expert Alumni's Service. As a Member you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out here regarding the Service (as may be updated from time to time). Your membership may not be assigned or transferred to any other person or entity.
Members must promptly inform Expert Alumni of the following: changes in the expiration date of any credit card used in connection with the Service; changes in home or billing address; and apparent breaches of security, such as loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure or use of an ID or password. Until Expert Alumni is notified, by e-mail at dataprotection@ExpertAlumni.com of a breach in security, the Member will remain liable for any unauthorised use of the Members access to ExpertAlumni.com. Membership of Expert Alumni may be terminated at any time, and without cause, by either Expert Alumni or the Member upon notification of the other by electronic or conventional mail, in the case of the Member to their last known email address and in the case of Expert Alumni to the Membership Support Team (email: membersupport@ExpertAlumni.com).
Expert Alumni reserves the right without prior notice to suspend or revoke one or more Members access to the web site and the Service if Expert Alumni has reason to believe the relevant Member(s) access is being used in breach of these terms, any Members agreement, or in any abusive or potentially abusive manner. When a member requests termination or Expert Alumni terminates or revokes membership, Expert Alumni reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any access to Expert Alumni web site, specific areas of the web site or functionality or features of the web site including, without limitation, any Member profile or control area, or any other method it chooses. Any such termination or revocation of a Members membership shall, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies of the Member and Expert Alumni, not entitle the Member to any refund of any amounts already paid to Expert Alumni, such amounts will only be refunded at Expert Alumnis sole discretion. Members are responsible for providing all personal computer and communications equipment necessary to gain access to Expert Alumni.com.
Access to and use of Expert Alumni.com is through a combination of an ID and a password. You must keep your username and password strictly confidential. It is your responsibility to retain and keep your ID and password secure. For security reasons, Expert Alumni will not release passwords or website content for any reason, except as may be specifically required by law or court order. Unauthorised access to the Service is a breach of this Agreement and a violation of law.
You agree to register only details about yourself that are true and that you will never impersonate another Member, or Clientany or any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, Expert Alumni personnel or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree to adhere to such codes of conduct regarding our social networking tools as Expert Alumni may publish on the web site from time to time.
PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
Expert Alumni is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not copy, replicate, modify, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from Expert Alumni.com in whatever medium or format, including, without limitation, human-readable, machine-readable, printed, visible, audible, electronic, by email forwarding, TV, satellite, digital transmission, scanned, website re-cycled except where expressly noted that the material is available for such purpose.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
USE OF SOCIAL NETWORK FEATURES OF EXPERT ALUMNI
This Web site may from time to time contain features to facilitate interaction between Members, Expert Alumni and Clients (collectively, "social networking features"), you agree to use the social networking features only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the subject matter. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a social networking feature or sending messages relating to those features, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute, link or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic, foul language, swearing, indecent, libellous or unlawful material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of any material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Except to the extent Expert Alumni has expressly allowed in writing (and no such permission is hereby given), advertise, or offer to buy or sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters. In no event may you use any social networking feature to advertise or sell any goods or services, which you are in the business of advertising or selling.
- Download any file posted by another user of the social networking features that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
You acknowledge that all social networking features are public and not private communications and Expert Alumni has the right to monitor all communications within the Service. Further, you acknowledge that Expert Alumni does not endorse chats, postings, conferences, and other communications by other users, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by Expert Alumni. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not Expert Alumni, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service.
Expert Alumni does not control the content posted via any social networking features and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. You understand that by using Expert Alumni website and social networking features, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Expert Alumni be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via Expert Alumni website or Service or any site that chooses to link to or display the content. Expert Alumni reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any content including without limitation bulletin board postings, articles, weblogs and private messages. Expert Alumni reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to Expert Alumni social networking features without notice.
1. Expert Alumni is NOT an open-source recruitment database; all Members are prohibited from utilising any information provided via the Service to re-charge for recruitment services or approach another Member offering to provide recruitment services. Members are prohibited from making personal gain from use of the social networking features of the site without EA express written consent. In the event of a Member, profiting directly through the use of any information provided via the Service, the membership of the individual may be terminated immediately by Expert Alumni, without prejudice to the rights and remedies of the parties.
2. Expert Alumni is NOT a Multi Level Marketing company. Only Expert Alumni employees and authorised agents will be engaged in activities to promote recruitment of Members to the Expert Alumni website or Expert Alumni itself. This applies within Memebrs subscribed to the Service or at Expert Alumni events, this includes text, keywords and links in profile pages or anywhere else on Expert Alumnis website or material at networking events. In the event of a Member profiting directly through reselling or using any of the proprietary information provided by Expert Alumni or from disclosing information about Expert Alumnis business to one or more third parties, Expert Alumni shall be entitled, in addition to any other remedies available at law, to terminate the individual's membership immediately.
3. Expert Alumni is NOT a "free to advertise database" - the sending of unsolicited emails (SPAM) advertising products and services to Expert Alumni or any Member using the Service or any social networking features of the Service is NOT PERMITTED. The collection of Expert Alumni members e-mail addresses from the Service or from the database (except using export tools where available) for ANY use without the written permission of Expert Alumni shall be a breach of these terms and conditions and may be a criminal offence. Expert Alumni will take vigorous legal action against anyone committing such a breach.
4. Expert Alumni gives no warranty or guarantee of the information provided by the Member.
5. Expert Alumni is not liable for any misrepresentation of a Member if Expert Alumni itself has not committed any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation and does not guarantee the reliability of any of its Members, their products or services.
6. Expert Alumni does not accept liability for any loss of employment or contract, or any expenses incurred in the pursuit of employment or contract.
7. Expert Alumni will not intervene in disputes between Members and do not accept any liability to any party whatsoever for any disputes arising between users of the Service.Members enter into any contractual relationship with Clients or other Members at their own risk and take full responsibility to undertake their own due diligence prior to engagement of any sort.
8. Expert Alumni will not comment on individual cases of a breach of these terms and conditions.
9. Expert Alumni Invitation System
RESPONSIBILITY AND MISUSE
1. You agree that you will solely be responsible for your use of all parts of the Expert Alumni Service provided to you and that you will use the Service legally and only for the purposes that it is intended to be used for. You will also be responsible for ensuring that you ensure that you have a right to submit your information and that you will not, for example, be in breach of any employment contract nor breach any third party contract, prohibited activity or misuse policies. Note, where necessary to support the social networking features of the web site, Expert Alumni may store each email address provided by a Member (such as invitees email addresses) to connect people via the Service, responsibility for each such Member entered email address lies with the Member who enters them. To the extent that invitations and other social networking features are supported by the Service and made generally available, Expert Alumni may maintain a list of blocked emails within its system address lists to prevent further invites being sent where the recipient has requested this or requested they be removed completely by emailing dataprotection@ExpertAlumni.com.
2. Furthermore you agree that you will not misuse the Service and that you will abide by any laws applicable to this Agreement or the operation of it. In particular we refer to the use of: material or content we deem to be harmful, illegal or offensive; any infringement of intellectual rights and copyright or data protection; using the services for illegal purposes such as fraud or in any other crime. However, misuse will also include:
- Distribution of viruses, worms or any other potentially destructive or otherwise malicious code, user provided html which reformats the appearance in any way of any content contained within Expert Alumni site.
- Breach of any copyright, intellectual property or the rights of any third party, whatsoever in nature, and otherwise contrary to any law.
- Pirated software.
- Hacker programs.
- SPAM or UCE (unsolicited commercial email)
- Unsecured mail scripts
3. You specifically confirm that you will immediately report to us, but also to use reasonable efforts to immediately stop any unauthorised use or misuse.
4. Failure to properly use the Service or any breach or misuse whatsoever will result in membership being withdrawn and, at Expert Alumnis sole discretion, suspension or termination of access to Expert Alumni services. Expert Alumni also reserve the right to take other appropriate action.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
This Web site may contain hyperlinks to Web sites operated by parties other than Expert Alumni. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. Expert Alumni does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their contents. Expert Alumni's inclusion of hyperlinks to such Web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web sites or any association with their operators.
Contact webmaster@ExpertAlumni.com with questions or problems with this Web site.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
All contents of this Web site are: Copyright 2010 Expert Alumni Limited. All rights reserved. Expert Alumni Ltd. 8-12 Priestgate, Peterborough PE1 1JA Registered in England & Wales No. 6358391. Expert Alumni Inc. 10375 Richmond Avenue Suite 990 Houston, Texas 77042 Expert Alumni and other business names of Expert Alumni products and/or services referenced herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Expert Alumni. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Expert Alumni warrants to you as a limited warranty and to the exclusion of all other warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise (to the extent it is lawful to exclude them) that Expert Alumni will, for so long as we continue to operate the Service, use all reasonable endeavours to make your Personal Information available to Clients conducting searches. In the event Expert Alumni fails to achieve this level of service for any reason whatsoever a Members total remedy, other than in the case of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by Expert Alumni, shall be monetary damages of ONE HUNDRED POUNDS STERLING, which shall be the total liability of Expert Alumni in respect of the Service for the aggregate of all loss and damage suffered by the Member.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE (SAVE AS SPECIFIED ABOVE IN OUR LIMITED WARRANTY) THAT EXPERT ALUMNI ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT AND HOWSOEVER ARISING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE EXPERT ALUMNI WEBSITE OR ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORDS, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE BY EXPERT ALUMNI, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OR ACTION.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. EXPERT ALUMNI AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS WEB SITE AT ANY TIME. EXPERT ALUMNI AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USING THE SITE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. EXPERT ALUMNI AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL EXPERT ALUMNI AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF EXPERT ALUMNI OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in the United Kingdom in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Web site. Use of this Web site is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. ExpertAlumni.com is operated by Expert Alumni Services Limited and Expert Alumni Services Inc. ExpertAlumni.com is operated as a for-profit trading enterprise, managed by the Directors in order to make a financial return for its shareholders. You agree that no joint venture; partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Expert Alumni as a result of this agreement or use of this Web site.
You agree to indemnify and hold Expert Alumni Ltd, and its officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, co-branders or other partners, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any Expert Alumni Member or third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or make available through Expert Alumni website or any on site that chooses to link to or display the content, your use of Expert Alumni website, your connection to Expert Alumni website, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of another. Expert Alumni's performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Expert Alumni's right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Web site or information provided to or gathered by Expert Alumni with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed omitted and the relevant Member and Expert Alumni shall substitute a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
2011 Expert Alumni Ltd. All rights reserved.